Monday, May 14, 2012

Just Do It...




I thought this outfit was an appropriate one for today's post.  This outfit is one that I have been putting together for months.  Might sound kind of crazy, but I saw it and loved it right away.  It started with the necklace....way out of my price range, but I loved it.  Then on to the skirt...over the last few months I have purchased several lace skirts, and returned them because they didn't work.  I finally found the one I was looking for on Ebay.  It was one I had wanted from Garnett Hill, but I waited too long and it sold out.  It's the perfect fit, long enough to wear for work, and the perfect color cream.  I then went searching for the J. Crew Herringbone jacket, which was also sold out.  I usually wear a 4 or a 6.  I purchased it in a 4...it was way too small, so then bought an 8 (all off of Ebay).  I finally had this outfit put together.

I had to kind of chuckle at this four month fiasco....all for an outfit.  It kind of sums up one of my biggest faults: putting my energy into all of the wrong places.  I started this blog a couple of months ago, and after three posts...I stopped blogging.  Why?  Who knows....laziness, fear of it not being successful, not having enough energy at the end of the day to get to it...maybe all three?  I started this blog because I felt like my career was missing something.  I love what I do, but there is a certain craving that still remains.  I thought this blog would be an outlet for that.  Maybe this blog would  be the thing that I need to be satisfied overall, or maybe it would lead to something else that would.  Or worst case scenario...I just have fun doing it.  Maybe this blog would eventually give me the financial freedom to make it my full time job, or maybe it would fill the gap I am feeling enough to leave me more satisfied with my current career.  I would never know what this blog would lead to if I didn't just do it.  I think of the hours and energy I put into putting this outfit together....imagine if I had put that energy into blogging?  If I can't stick to a commitment as small as this, how can I possibly think I'll be able to achieve my bigger goals?

Maybe I'm being hard on myself - I have a full time teaching career, a part-time job and I'm getting my MBA at night.  But to me, those are all excuses.  There will always be a reason not to work out, not to eat well, or to have that extra glass of wine.  There will always be a reason to say "Oh, I'll just post to my blog tomorrow...".

I love the slogan 'just do it'.  So simple and so powerful.  So today, I just did it.  I posted.  Not a big deal, but maybe it is.

Outfit:
Inspiration Photo: Polyvore
Blazer: J. Crew Herringbone in Heather Acorn - $140 via Ebay
Red Tee: Banana Republic (super old!)
Lace Skirt: Garnett Hill - $50 via Ebay
Shoes: Calvin Klein Olive - $89
Necklace: Kendra Scott Harlow Necklace - $149 via Zappos (available here)

Additionally - check out my outfit on my fellow teacher's blog: Mix and Match Fashion



No comments:

Post a Comment